Jay H. Lefkowitch MD (Author)
For over 40 years Scheuer’s Liver Biopsy Interpretation has been an invaluable resource for the pathologist in practice and in training in helping to solve diagnostic problems at the microscope. Lavishly illustrated in full color throughout it covers all aspects of liver pathology from the normal, the hepatidities, childhood disease and neoplasms. Copious technical tips and diagnostic ‘pearls’ reflect the extensive experience and insight of the late Peter Scheuer and Jay Lefkowitch.. Throughout the text histopathologic features are correlated with clinical features to provide a practical account of how pathology impacts the diagnosis and management of liver disease.
- Well written, complete and concise quick reference.Helps the practicing and trainee pathologist solve diagnostic problems at the mircroscope.
- High quality color images complement the text throughout.Provides the user with a complete visual guide to each entity and assists in the recognition and diagnosis of any tissue sample under the microscope.
- Practical tips and “hands on” advice from two of the world’s leading experts in liver pathology. Provides the trainee and general surgical pathologist with time saving diagnostic clues when dealing with difficult specimens.
- Glossary of frequently used terms and descriptions used in the pathology report contained at the end of the book. Useful quick reference for trainee pathologists and clinical hepatologists who may be unfamiliar with many of the terms and descriptions. Will assist in the writing and reading of a pathology report.
- A selection of a few general reading references at the end of each chapter.Directs the trainee or practitioner to the most relevant and authoritative sources of further information and study.
- A brand new chapter: “Practical Principles in Biopsy Assessment”. Focus is on interpretation rather than a mere listing of pathological changes. The initial overview of the biopsy specimen provides critical clues to diagnosis and a highly illustrated guide to ddx will be of enormous help in avoiding diagnostic errors.
- Expanded coverage throughout, especially of liver tumours, pediatric fatty liver disease, neonatal cholestasis. Keeps the user apprised of the key areas of growth and development in diagnosis and interpretation.
- Histopathology correlated with molecular genetics and immunohistochemistry whenever clinically relevant. Keeps the user up-to-date with all of the latest tools for performing a complete and accurate diagnosis.
- Many new high-quality colour illustrations. Helps the user identify a wide variety of pathologic lesions.
- Text and images available online via Expert Consult.
- Hardcover: 416 pages
- Publisher: Saunders Ltd.; 8 edition (August 11, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 070203410X
- ISBN-13: 978-0702034107
- ISBN-13: 9780702034107
- eText ISBN: 9780702066559