by Randy M. Page, Tana S. Page
Newly redesigned with easy-to-hand in worksheets and activity sheets, the Sixth Edition of Promoting Health and Emotional Well-Being in Your Classroom provides pre-service and current teachers with all the tools and up-to-date information needed for effectively promoting healthy life choices in and out of the classroom. Framed around the latest National Health Education Standards and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s six risk behaviors, this practical text facilitates instructional planning, allows for easy adaptation into various curricular frameworks, and ensures that the most essential health education content is addressed.
New and Key Features:
– Newly redesigned with perforated pages allow students to easily turn in assignments and activities.
– Includes more than 275 interactive assessments and learning activities, many of which are new or revised. Each risk behavior chapter includes activities for advocacy, family and community involvement, and integration into core subjects including math, language arts, and social studies.
– Case studies and stories open each chapter and provide an introduction to chapter material.
– National Health Education Standards (NHES) are highlight throughout.
– Instructor’s resources include: PowerPoint Lecture Outlines, Test Bank Questions, Sample Course Syllabi, and Assignment/Activity Ideas.
- ISBN-13: 9781449690267
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date: 1/21/2014
- Edition description: New Edition
- Edition number: 6
- Pages: 356