Global Child Health Advocacy On the Front Lines
by Stephen Berman MD FAAP (Editor), Judith S. Palfrey MD (Editor), Dr. Zulfiqar Bhutta MBBS PhD (Editor)
Global Child Health Advocacy: On the Front Lines inspires and equips child health professionals to join together and work for positive change.
This first-in-its-field resource brings you up-close accounts of successful initiatives straight from the front lines. If offers an inside look on the innovative strategies, tools, and techniques today’s advocates use to promote health, deliver targeted care, and implement policies to improve children’s lives.
A multi-national editorial team assembles engaging stories chronicling the experiences of top-tier advocates in every corner of the globe:
– Improving access to care in Nigeria
– Creating a public child medical insurance system in China
– Haemophilus influenzae vaccine advocacy in Guatemala
– Implementing a national immunization program in the U.S.
– Community partnerships for polio eradication in India
– Malnutrition crisis intervention in Niger
– HIV advocacy in South Africa
– Reducing neonatal mortality in Chile
– Campaigning against tobacco in the western Pacific
– Preventing diarheal diseases in Peru
– And much more!
- Paperback: 331 pages
- Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics; First Edition, None edition (August 14, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1581107803
- ISBN-13: 978-1581107807