by Malte Erik Wigand
Returning in an up-to-date second edition, this book offers expanded coverage of the most important concepts in endoscopic sinus surgery with new insights into the anatomy of the paranasal sinuses. This text covers the basic concepts of intranasal surgery of the paranasal sinuses, endoscopic anatomy, preoperative and postoperative diagnosis, instrumentation, anesthesia and patient positioning. It describes standard and advanced surgical techniques for the nasal cavity, the maxillary antrum, the ethmoid, frontal and sphenoid sinuses, and the anterior base of the skull.
Highlights of the second edition:
- New chapters on managing complications of rhinosinusitis, trauma, malformation, and neoplasms
- New section on transcranial exposure of the anterior skull and paranasal cavities
- Detailed presentation of endoscopic and microscopic approaches
- Extensive discussion of reasons for failed surgery and the principles of revision surgery
- More than 580 illustrations and new schematic drawings, including images that place special emphasis on anatomical landmarks to help orient the surgeon
This book is a must-have reference for ENT surgeons and otolaryngologists seeking to enhance the versatility.
- ISBN-13: 9783137494027
- Publisher: Thieme
- Publication date: 6/30/2008
- Edition description: 2
- Edition number: 2
- Pages: 237