Frances Fischbach RN BSN MSN (Author), Marshall B. Dunning III BS MS PhD (Author)
Prepare your students to deliver safe, effective, and informed care for patients who are undergoing diagnostic tests and procedures with the Ninth Edition of A Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests. Organized the way a nurse thinks—by specimen and function—this proven book describes an extensive array of tests for diverse populations, providing step-by-step guidance on correct procedure, tips for accurate interpretation, and expert information on patient preparation and aftercare.
Featuring additional tests, updated reference values, and coverage of the latest advances in CT scans, nuclear scans, and genetics, this edition maintains the organization and coverage that have made it the ideal reference and point-of-care guide for educational and practice settings.
This Ninth Edition is accompanied by a complete online teaching and learning package that includes case studies for application, a wide range of in-class activities and assignments, and Blackboard and WebCT cartridges for course management.
- Prepare for practice with tests grouped according to specimen, function, and test type (blood, urine, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, etc.).
- Learn vital information to keep in mind when implementing tests with “Clinical Alerts” that highlight critical safety information.
- Easily find the test you’re looking for even if you don’t know the exact name with a presentation that supports the way a nurse thinks.
- Master key information with helpful tips, inclusion of both conventional and SI units, and coverage of clinical implications for increased and decreased values.
- Series: Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
- Paperback: 1344 pages
- Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; Ninth, North American Edition edition (January 27, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1451190891
- ISBN-13: 978-1451190892
- ISBN-13: 9781451190892
- eText ISBN: 9781469872032