By Jo Hart, Lucie Byrne-Davis, Wendy Maltinsky, Eleanor Bull
Behavioural science to develop effective health professional education serves as a practical guide in the cutting-edge area of health professional education and behavioural science. This textbook will provide practical evidence-based guidance to enhance the real world impact of your health professional training,
To aid in seamless reader comprehension, chapters work through clear step by step stages, with boxes to verify understanding, along with examples to work through and links to further reading if readers want to understand more about underlying theory. The book also contains a series of templates which can be adapted for use by the reader.
Sample topics covered in Behavioural Science to develop effective health professional education include:
- Education and training as a behaviour change intervention, covering language of learning and behaviour change, with examples of behaviour change intervention approaches
- Defining the behaviours that you want to change, intended behavioural outcomes (IBOs), and specifying your IBOs
- Exploring the influences on behaviours, covering Influences on practice, and how to explore influences on each IBO
- Developing training to change behaviour, covering active ingredients of behaviour change activities, and the process of creating behaviourally informed training
For postgraduate and undergraduate health professional courses, continuing professional development providers, and providers of health professional training in medicine, nursing, dentistry, and allied health professions, Behavioural Science to develop effective health professional education is an essential resource on the subject that helps make education and training more effective.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (April 17, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 128 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119833485
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119833482