By Emily Hotton MBChB (Dist) BSc (Hons), Sammie Mak MBChB, Zeshan Qureshi BM BSc (Hons) MSc MRCPCH FAcadMEd MRCPS(Glasg)
The unique and award-winning Unofficial Guides series is a collaboration between senior students, junior doctors and specialty experts. This combination of contributors understands what is essential to excel on your course, in exams and in practice – as well as the importance of presenting information in a clear, fun and engaging way. Packed with hints and tips from those in the know, when you are in a hurry and need a study companion you can trust, reach for an Unofficial Guide.
This guide has everything you need in one place – including common questions, model answers, how to present your answers to examiners, and numerous practical tips for success – all written by doctors and students who have recently completed the exam process.
Ideal for OSCE candidates wanting to blitz their exams, this book will also make a useful day-to-day reference guide for professionals.
- Over 100 common scenarios – including medical history taking, clinical examination, practical skills and communication skills
- Covers specialities including orthopaedics, paediatrics, psychiatry, radiology, prescribing, O&G, ophthalmology, ENT
- Over 300 full colour clinical photos to bring the text to life, including images of patients with disease features
- Clearly outlines how to relay the assessment of a patient to an examiner or to other doctors on a ward round
- Model answers to key OSCE questions
- Written and reviewed by doctors and senior medical students – essential guidance from those in the know
- New data interpretation chapter
- New dedicated ophthalmology chapter
- Publisher : Elsevier; 4th edition (May 25, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323936547
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323936545