by Alexander R. Vaccaro
Representing the collective efforts of a multinational, multidisciplinary panel of spine and spinal cord trauma masters, this beautifully illustrated evidence-based textbook does more than provide multiple treatment options — it offers unique access to insights from recognized spine experts and a thoughtful yet practical review of the most relevant literature and clinical evidence available in the field today. Each chapter centers on pertinent questions and objective reviews of state-of-the-art procedures that guide readers from an evaluation of the evidence through practical recommendations they can easily apply to their own practices.
- Succinct outline format — easy to read and reference
- 138 detailed evidentiary tables appear throughout the text
- An innovative new classification system for spine trauma developed by The Spine Trauma Study Group, composed of 50 internationally recognized spine experts
- High-quality radiographs and full-color drawings and photographs complement the text
- Practical recommendations for the treatment of many common spinal injuries, including odontoid fractures, central cord injuries, and thoraco-lumbar flexion distraction injuries –in-depth information on everything from intensive care to rehabilitation
- An accompanying DVD contains 15 narrated videos — over one hour of footage — of actual procedures by the authors
Spine and Spinal Cord Trauma: Evidence-Based Management is an invaluable reference for orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, residents and fellows in those specialties, and allied health professionals who care for spine injury patients.
- ISBN-13: 9781604062212
- Publisher: Thieme
- Publication date: 12/11/2010
- Pages: 608