Sellar and Parasellar Tumors
by Edward R. Laws (Editor)
This book is extremely informative, superbly presented, and lavishly illustrated. In a time of rapid advances in this field I would
recommend it to those with both a passing interest as well as an established practice in pituitary and parasellar surgery. — Sean Carrie, FRCS, ENT & Audiology News
Focusing on the variety of pathological processes that arise in the sellar and parasellar regions of the central skull base, Sellar and Parasellar Tumors: Diagnosis, Treatments, and Outcomes is a state-of-the-art reference written by renowned leaders in the field. It takes a disease-oriented approach to complex pathologies. The work includes contributions by multispecialty teams and details technical advances and management options for all clinicians treating patients with parasellar and sellar pathology.
- Represents the multidisciplinary management of these cases, with contributions from neurological surgeons, otolaryngologists, radiation oncologists, diagnostic radiologists, endocrinologists, and ophthalmologists
- Covers the many diverse tumor types found in the sellar and parasellar region,-including pituitary tumors, meningiomas, chordomas, and chondrosarcomas, with clinical management strategies for each
- Provides detailed, illustrated descriptions of optimal surgical approaches tailored to the patient and pathology, including transsphenoidal surgery, precise craniotomies using skull base techniques, minimally invasive eyebrow exposures, endoscopic anterior skull base techniques, and stereotactic radiosurgery
- Discusses the advantages and disadvantages of different surgical approaches, tips for complication avoidance, patient evaluation methods, surgical indications and outcomes, and more
- Includes comprehensive neuroanatomic dissections that provide visualization of the entire sellar and parasellar region
- Offers radiologic, medical, and ophthalmologic management techniques for patients with sellar and parasellar tumors
Complete with full-color illustrations, high-quality radiographs, and instructive tables, Sellar and Parasellar Tumors is the authoritative reference for neurosurgeons, otolaryngologists, endocrinologists, neuro-ophthalmologists, radiation oncologists, and any other clinician who diagnoses, treats, and manages patients with these complex disorders.
- ISBN-13: 9781604064216
- Publisher: Thieme
- Publication date: 11/4/2011
- Pages: 272