Yehuda Shoenfeld (Editor), Pier Luigi Meroni (Editor), M. Eric Gershwin MD (Editor)
Autoimmune diseases are characterized by the occurrence of antibodies reacting with self-constituents of the body. The fully updated third edition of Autoantibodies is an in-depth review of the main autoantibodies identified up to now, with particular emphasis on those that display a diagnostic or prognostic clinical value.
The new edition covers recent scientific advances, diagnostic techniques, and therapeutic technologies. Each chapter is focused on a single family of autoantibodies. This important reference contains historical notes, definitions, origins and sources of antigens recognized genetic associations, mediated pathogenic mechanisms, methods of detection, as well as clinical utility (disease prevalence and association, diagnostic value, sensitivity and specificity, prognostic value). This is an ideal reference for anyone involved in the field of autoimmune diseases.
- Presents all known, important autoantibodies in a single source, focusing on the antibodies needed for autoimmune disorder diagnosis
- Includes clinical applications for each autoantibody along with general information
- Organized by disease and disorder type, by autoantibody family, and completely cross-referenced
- Hardcover: 736 pages
- Publisher: Elsevier; 3 edition (February 10, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0444563784
- ISBN-13: 978-0444563781
- ISBN-13: 9780444563781
- eText ISBN: 9780444593771