By Rebecca Tucker
Created on the premise that students must master the principles of drug therapy before learning the details of individual drugs, Karch’s Focus on Nursing Pharmacology, 9th Edition, provides a concise, student-friendly approach to the concepts students need to know to pass their NCLEX® exams and establish a foundation for effective drug therapy in clinical practice. Author Rebecca Tucker builds on Amy M. Karch’s popular, streamlined writing style, integrating students’ knowledge of physiology, chemistry, and nursing fundamentals with a focus on essential information about each drug group. Extensively updated and full of engaging learning features, the 9th Edition keeps students at the forefront of nursing pharmacology while cultivating the critical thinking, clinical judgment, and patient communication skills students need to excel in their exams and on the job. New and Updated Features
- NEW! Vitamin, Minerals, Complementary/Alternative Medications chapter strengthens students’ mastery of this emerging priority for NCLEX preparation and clinical practice.
- NEW! Ear Medications and Blood and Blood Products appendices provide fast access to coverage of recent advancements in these key pharmacology areas.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of substance use and illicit substances keeps students current with the latest perspectives and approaches in nicotine and nicotine replacement, alcohol, and medications to treat withdrawal/abstinence medication.
- UPDATED! Dosage Calculations chapter familiarizes students with equations and measurement systems they’ll encounter in clinical practice.
- Publisher : LWW; Ninth, North American edition (January 18, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 1168 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975180402
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975180409
- Reading age : 1 year and up