Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive Approach to Self-Care, 20th Edition (Converted PDF)
Written and peer reviewed by experts in practice and academia, the 20th edition of the Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs: An Interactive Approach to Self-Care is an authoritative resource for students and for health care providers who counsel and care for patients undertaking self-treatment—nonprescription drugs, nutritional supplements, medical foods, nondrug and preventive measures, and complementary therapies. Its goal is to develop the knowledge and problem-solving skills needed to assess a patient’s health status and current practice of self-treatment, to determine whether self-care is necessary or appropriate, and, if appropriate, to recommend safe and effective self-care measures.
- Enhanced content in all chapters from the previous edition with up-to-date information beneficial to all health care providers and students
- Updates to the universal objectives to complement the content in the chapters focused on medical disorders
- Abstracts for each online chapter providing concise introductory material focused on key features of each chapter.
- Up-to-date content on nonprescription medications including indications, dosages, interactions, current evidence, medical conditions and prescription to nonprescription reclassifications
- Quick-reference tools such as treatment algorithms (including exclusions for self-treatment), drug product tables, patient education sidebars, and product administration illustrations
- Two new comprehensive patient cases for each disorder-related chapter
- Concise Key Points section at the end of each disorder-related chapter, summarizing critical information
- Publisher:American Pharmacists Association; 20th edition (December 2020)
- Hardcover:1100 pages