by Jahangir Moini (Author)
All health care students must be familiar with the basic concepts of health care in the United States. This introductory textbook presents vital information on health care careers and legal, ethical, financial, and policy issues that will help their future practice. It includes chapters on:
- careers in the health care profession;
- the complexity of health care;
- the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act;
- professionalism in health;
- health care for special populations;
- the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards;
- research and advancements in health care;
- the future of health care.
Fundamentals of U.S. Health Care is unique in the way it highlights the important elements of each health career, including job requirements, length of study, and salaries. With the student in mind, this book is accompanied by a website that features detailed PowerPoints and test banks with more than 1,000 review questions.
Well-organized and easily understood, this overview provides a reliable, relevant resource and up-to-date reference. It is essential reading for all allied health students, including nurses, surgical technicians, dental hygienists, radiology technicians, medical assistants, pharmacy technicians, physician assistants, and more.
- Paperback: 492 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (April 7, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1138659223
- ISBN-13: 978-1138659223
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 7 x 9.8 inches