Foundations Of Mental Health Promotion
by Manoj Sharma, Ashutosh Atri, Paul Branscum
Foundations of Mental Health Promotion provides an overview of mental health and mental illness with a focus on medical, epidemiological, behavioral, sociological, political, historical, developmental, and cultural perspectives in the field. Students are given an introduction to the field of mental health promotion, and both individual level and population level approaches to handling mental health concerns are emphasized.
This text is unique in that it was written as an introductory text in the area of mental health for undergraduate students, introductory graduate classes, and practitioners interested in working in mental health. Currently, such a text for health education and health promotion students does not exist.
• Roles of health educators and health promoters in mental health promotion
• Determinants of mental health
• Stress and coping
• Major psychotic mood, anxiety, and personality disorders
• Alcohol dependence, tobacco use, and substance abuse
• Essentials of psychopharmacology and treatment of mental health disorders
• Mental health promotion for children and adolescents, mental health promotion for adults, mental health promotion for older adults
- ISBN-13: 9780763793418
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Publication date: 12/5/2011
- Edition description: 1
- Pages: 334