By Justin Davies, Christopher Watson
Ellis and Calne’s Lecture Notes in General Surgery is a comprehensive guide that focuses on the fundamentals of general surgery while systematically covering all the clinical surgical problems that a student or doctor in training may encounter and about which they need to know.
The text includes principles of treatment that have been written at a level to inform the medical student and doctor in training. The text features color illustrations throughout and includes electronic access to a wide range of extra material including case studies, radiological and clinical images, and biographies.
Sample topics discussed in Ellis and Calne’s Lecture Notes in General Surgery include:
- Surgical strategy, human factors in surgery, fluid and nutrition management, preoperative assessment, postoperative complications, acute infections, tumours, and shock
- Trauma surgery, burns, the skin and its adnexae, arterial disease, the heart and thoracic aorta, and the chest and lungs
- The brain and meninges, head injury, the spine, peripheral nerve injuries, the oral cavity and the salivary glands
- The oesophagus, stomach and duodenum, the surgery of obesity, the small intestine, the appendix, the colon, and the rectum and anal canal
- The kidney, ureter, bladder, testes and prostate
Trusted by generations of medical students, including the current authors, the clinical emphasis of Ellis and Calne’s Lecture Notes in General Surgery makes this an essential reference for all those wishing to learn more about general surgery. It is also a perfect revision text for medical students and junior surgeons taking the MRCS examination.
For more information on the complete range of Wiley medical student and junior doctor publishing, please visit: www.wiley.com
To receive automatic updates on Wiley books and journals, join our email list. Sign up today at www.wiley.com/email
This new edition is also available as an e-book. For more details, please see http://www.wiley.com/buy/9781119862482
All content reviewed by students for students
Wiley Medical Education books are designed exactly for their intended audience. All of our books are developed in collaboration with students. This means that our books are always published with you, the student, in mind.
If you would like to be one of our student reviewers, go to www.reviewmedicalbooks.com to find out more.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 14th edition (February 28, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119862485
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119862482