By Joseph DiPiro, Gary Yee, Stuart T. Haines, Thomas D. Nolin, Vicki Ellingrod, L. Michael Posey
The #1 Textbook in Pharmacotherapy providing optimal patient outcomes using evidence-based medication therapies―updated with the latest advances and guidelines
For more than 30 years, DiPiro’s Pharmacotherapy has been the essential textbook for learning how to properly select, administer, and monitor drugs―everything needed to provide safe, effective drug therapy across all therapeutic categories. This new edition has been fully updated with the latest evidence-based information and recommendations.
With content from 300 expert contributors, this valuable resource offers detailed descriptions of common and uncommon disease states, including treatment by pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic means. Each disease chapter opens with a Patient Care Process, helping readers understand the collaborative care model in which pharmacists work and communicate with other healthcare providers for effective coordinated care.
Here’s why DiPiro’s Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is the perfect learning tool for students, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers:
- All chapters provide the most current, reliable, and relevant information available
- Key concepts are included at the beginning of each chapter
- Clinical Presentation boxes concisely outline disease signs and symptoms
- New: Beyond the Book feature points readers to multimedia resources to deepen their understanding of the material
- Diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing guideline recommendations, and monitoring approaches clearly distinguish treatment pathways
- New: Drug monitoring tables have been added
- Patient care process boxes help readers know how to communicate with other health care providers
- New: Additional FREE E-Chapters are available on AccessPharmacy
- New: Over 2000 Review Questions to help prepare students!
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 12th edition (March 21, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 2656 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1264264542
- ISBN-13 : 978-1264264544