by Nicola Rogers (Author), Cinzia Pickett (Author)
An illustrated guide to oral and maxillofacial surgery, written by dental nurses for dental nurses
Basic Guide to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery will help you understand the role of the dental nurse in oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures. Written in a highly accessible style, comprehensive coverage includes anatomy of the head and neck, pain and anxiety control, assessment clinics, equipment selection, extractions, soft tissue lesions, and trauma and more complex procedures.
Key features include:
- Learning outcomes at the start of each chapter, and full-colour photographs and line drawings throughout
- An overview of the maxillofacial team, the referral process and the legal aspects of maxillofacial procedures
- Clear explanations of the various duties performed by dental nurses during oral and maxillofacial surgery
Basic Guide to Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is suitable for dental nurses working in practice or specialist maxillofacial units, and is also ideal for student dental nurses working towards the NEBDN National Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Series: Basic Guide Dentistry Series
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (June 12, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118925076
- ISBN-13: 978-1118925072